Punch lines don’t cut it.
The StorySelling key:
Tell the right story the right way.
You might deliver a joke like nobody’s business, with never-miss punch lines. Or tell childhood adventures that explode into belly laughs.
But StorySelling is different!
- Does your story connect to your listener on an emotional level?
- Can you tell a story that conveys your integrity, trustworthiness, excellent customer service, or other unique selling proposition?
- Can you tell the right story theright way to make a salient point, win trust, and earn business?
Telling great stories is key to becoming a successful StorySeller
Here’s what Jason Weaver, of LPL Financial Services, says:
“For our group – Realtors, financial advisors, attorneys, and mortgage brokers – a great story can make the difference between a sale and analysis paralysis. Bruce taught us 5 crucial components to a masterful story. We now have the tools to truly captivate our audience.”
Schedule a StorySelling presentation:
Learn how to captivate your audience, win trust, and earn business
In my “StorySelling: How to Gain Trust and Boost Your Bottom Line” presentations and workshops, we’ll step through my “Fundamental 5” – crucial steps to great StorySelling.
- Listen first, talk later – This seems self-evident, but ignoring this crucial step can be devastating! During my workshop, I’ll tell stories that will curl your hair.
- Look within yourself for stories – Search for experiences, epiphanies, and lessons learned that express your core values. But, like finicky Goldilocks, your story must be juuust right: not too subtle, not too obvious.
- The hero with a problem – This is the 1st component of a great story. You or someone you know can be the hero, but choose wisely or beware the pitfalls!
- Strong emotions – The 2nd component of a great story, emotions engage the listener. Find a story that moves you, but you must tell it with finesse.
- You gotta have a point! – Here, the 3rd component of a great story, you deftly (and quickly) wrap up your tale, leaving your listener with a powerful call to action.
Your team can learn the “Fundamental 5” and become expert StorySellers.